London, The British Library
GB-Lbl Add. MS. 40636
- Catalogue raisonné:
BWV / Bach-Werke-Verzeichnis BWV 1079/3+4h
- Link to works:
- BWV 1079
- unknown scribe
- Date (exact):
- 2. Hälfte 18. Jh.
- Source Type:
- Score, single manuscript
- Extend, Dimensions (cm):
- 5 leaves, 24 x 36 cm
- Period of origin:
- second half of the 18th century (ca. 1760–1789)
- Title of source:
- These celebrated Trios for | two violins & Bass in score (M S) | by J S Bach | are warranted to have never | been Published : | (N B) the 2d Trio Contains his famous | Canon Perpetuus =
- ? – S. Wesley – London, The British Library
- Master copy:
- ähnlich wie D-B Mus.ms. Bach P 230, P 239 und St 425
- fol. 125r: marbled title page: ; fol. 125v: annotation with pencil "(Musikalisches Opfer | written in 1747 | and dedicated to Frederick the Great | published in 1754.)"; fol. 126r-129v: Sonate; 130r: Canon; 130v: blank
Allegro is incomplete (77 bars missing). All pages are cut on the inside margin, which means that about half a bar is deleted in each case.
- Described in NBA, Critical report:
- J. Schaarwächter, in: BJ 1999, S. 151-57.
- BJ 1999, S. 154 - 156.
- Static URL
- https://www.bach-digital.de/receive/BachDigitalSource_source_00003698 [XML] [JSON-LD]
- Übernahme von www.bach.gwdg.de
- Last changed
- 2019-09-04 : 11:00:17