Help for the home page
Quick search for works
Here you get to the work you are looking for by entering
- catalogues raisonné (e.g. BWV, Wq, BR-CPEB etc.) or
- numbers of a catalogue raisonné (e.g BWV 20 etc.) or
- Werktiteln (z.B. Johannes-Passion) oder
- parts of a work title (e.g. Johannes).
It should be noted that a truncation with an asterisk * for parts of a word could be helpful (e.g. Fug* for Fuge/Fuga/Fugue).
In addition to the free text search it is possible to search for all the works of a chosen composer directly. A combination of a free text search and a selection of a composer is also possible (e.g. Passion and C. P. E. Bach).
Quick search for sources
Here you get to the sources you are looking for by entering
- signatures (e.g. Bach P 25) or parts of a signature, in this case troncated with * (e.g. Bach P*) or
- library sigla after RISM (e.g. D-LEb) or
- owners of a source (e.g. Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin)
The other selection fields allow a further limitation of the search results to hits with available digital reproductions, with original sources or only with sources by J. S. Bach. A combination of a free text search and a selection field is also possible (e.g. D-LEb and original source).