Bach, Johann Sebastian (1685–1750)
O Traurigkeit, o Herzeleid BWV deest (NBA Serie II:4)
Chorale (Good Friday)
- S, A, T, B, violin I, violin II, viola, basso continuo
- Early performances
- relation to other works:
- is part of BNB I/K/1 (Leipziger Fassung)BWV deestBC D 5b
- Belongs to Bach's pasticcio of a St Mark passion (Leipzig). It is based on the Hamburg St Mark Passion of 1707 by Gottfried Keiser (?), s. BWV deest, BC D 5a; compare variant of the melody and notation of the Weimar version (= BWV deest (NBA Serie II: 3));
Lit.: A. Glöckner, in: BJ 1977, p. 76ff. and 109ff.
- NBA II/9, S. 77 (Kirsten Beißwenger, 2000) – Critical report (2000), S. 81ff.
D-B Mus.ms. 11471/1 [Original source]
- Static URL
- https://www.bach-digital.de/receive/BachDigitalWork_work_00001679 [XML] [MEI] [JSON-LD]
- Last changed
- 2018-02-12 : 09:59:51