Kaiser (Keiser, Gottfried ?)GND
Bach, Johann Sebastian (1685–1750)
Passion pasticcio "Jesus Christus ist um unsrer Missetat willen verwundet" (Marks Passion, Weimar version) BNB I/K/1 (Weimarer Fassung); BWV deest; BC D 5a
Passion (Good Friday)
- Other attribution
- Gottfried Keiser, Reinhard Keiser, Friedrich Nikolaus Bruhns
- S, A, T, B, violin I, violin II, viola I, viola II, harpsichord
- relation from other works:
- has as part BWV deest (NBA Serie II:2)
has as part BWV deest (NBA Serie II:3)
- St Mark Passion (Weimar version) with the chorales "O hilf Christe" (s. BWV deest, Serie II: 2) and "O Traurigkeit, o Herzeleid" (s. BWV deest, Serie II: 3).
earlier the St. Mark passion was attributed to Reinhard Keiser, but probably it was written by Gottfried Keiser; J. S. Bach performed it in different versions;
cf. compare 2 further versions, which are independent from Bach's version (D-Gs Cod. Ms. phil. 84e: Keiser 1 and D-B Mus. ms. 11471);
Lit.: D. R. Melamed/R. Sanders, in: BJ 1999, p. 35ff.; J. W. Grubbs, in: BJ 1965, p. 33ff.; A. Glöckner, in: BJ 1977, p. 76ff.
- NBA II/9, -- (Kirsten Beißwenger, 2000) – Critical report (2000), S. 81ff.
- Static URL
- https://www.bach-digital.de/receive/BachDigitalWork_work_00001534 [XML] [MEI]
- Last changed
- 2017-12-03 : 05:01:07